Advanced Test Process
If you decide that riding to the highest standard of road riding available is for you, a summary of the Advanced Test process is as follows:
- Complete the details on the contact page to register your interest.
- You will be contacted by an IAM administrator to arrange a free initial assessment drive/ride with an observer, discussion of IAM processes and goals.
- Undertake the assessment, receive a written report with strengths and improvement areas, and complete a membership form for Associate Membership. Pay a modest fee which includes the test fee for full membership.
- An Observer will be assigned to mentor you to test standard (may be a series of drives/rides depending on current standard). During this improvement process, you may also work alone on your skills, take commercially available advanced training, participate in any IAM-organised weekend rides or any combination thereof.
- Undertake a cross-check drive/ride with an independent observer when your Observer considers you are at test standard.
- Take the Advanced Roadcraft Test with an IAM examiner to qualify you for full membership of the IAM.
Once you have passed the Advanced Test you can contribute to the ongoing growth of the IAM NZ by continuing to Observer level and assisting others to raise their skills.