Full membership of the IAM is open only to drivers and riders, with a Standard New Zealand full licence, who have passed the IAM’s Advanced Driving or Motorcycling Tests.
To prepare for the Advanced Test you may join IAM as an Associate Member.
The cost of membership is currently $60.00 per year which runs from 1st January to 31st December. At the time of joining a test fee of $50.00 is also payable.
The normal joining process is as follows:
- You complete the on line application form (No payment necessary at this stage)
- IAM NZ will arrange an initial assessment ride/drive with an observer who will explain more fully IAM NZ’s processes and goals.
- After the initial assessment you pay annual membership fee and test fee and you will then become an Associate Member.
- IAM NZ will assign a qualified observer to mentor you to the Advanced Test standard.
Once you pass the Advanced Test you will be awarded full membership status at no extra charge for the remainder of the financial year in which you join.
Should you decide to join a second division (e.g. motorcycle in addition to car or vice versa) a test fee of $50 is payable before you start being observed in the second division. Your subscription remains the same.
To maintain your membership you will need to pay an annual membership fee of $60.00.
Online payment is preferred to reduce administration. Bank details are:
– Name of account: Institute of Advanced Motorists NZ Inc
– ASB 12-3011-0759542-00
Include your name and local group in the reference field.